› Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will I need an Electrician to carry out any work

A: No our electrician will carry out all the electrical work required. The electrician will be in charge of the complete installation ensuring the installation is installed satisfactory.

Q: Do you use a roofer to install the PV panels?

A: All roof work is carried out by trained roofing specialist if required.

Q: Will I need Scaffolding to access the roof?

A: If our engineers require scaffolding to install the system we will provide a price and arrange for a local scaffolding company to erect suitable scaffold. Normally our quotation will include for all access equipment.

Q: Will I need planning permission?

A: No you do not need planning permission unless the property is listed or in a conservation area.

Q: How much electricity does a PV system generate each year?

A: Each KW of PV panels installed will generate approximately 700-900 kWh per year depending on how south facing the panels are situated.

Q: How much space will I require on my roof for a Solar PV Installation

A: Solar PV system range from between 4.0sqm - 30.0 sqm depending on the KW rating

Q: Will I need a special meter to be able to claim FITs?

A: Generation must be metered and FITs payments are made to generators on the basis of metered generation. Meters will need to be able to measure generation, usage and import. However, as an interim measure, DECC has announced that at the very small scale, the amount of exports for the payment of export tariffs can be deemed (estimated), subject to the following: These arrangements will only apply until the finalising of specifications for smart meters; These arrangements do not apply if export meters exist already, or are provided at the generator's expense

Q: I rent my property. If my landlord installs an electricity generating technology, who would receive the FITs?

A: It will be up to landlords and tenants of domestic or commercial property to come to an arrangement about the receipt of payments and on-site electricity use benefits.

Q: What happens if I move home?

A: Ownership of the technology is linked to the site and, therefore, in the case where a building or homeownership changes, the ownership of the technology would also transfer to the new owner.

Q: Will I be eligible to receive the tariff if I move into a home that already has an electricity generating technology?

A: FIT eligibility remains with the installation, even if the ownership of the home or generating technology changes. Therefore the technology must have been eligible before you move in, even if it is not registered yet.

CJ Solar
CJ Electrical
CJ Electrical Fire & Security
CJ Eco
  • CHAS
  • Construction Line
  • MCS
  • HIES
  • Trust Mark
  • HIES
  • MCS
  • Construction Line